I am barefoot, short hair still tousled by the breeze, running in the grass, picking dandelions.
I am smart but awkward, too much of a know-it-all, and yet always wanting to know more.
I am terrified, leaving home for the first time, not ready but going anyway.
I am “Yes ma’am, how can I help you?” “Will that be cash or charge?” “Let me get you the manager.”
I am disappointment, the white hot pain and shame of being ill, of failing to finish what I started.
I am transplanted, leaving one place and one life behind, for a new fresh start.
I am “stay-late, come-early,” “ Whatever you need, I’ll be there.”
I am cherished, cared for, full of hope, “I do.”
I am young and unprepared but capable and proud. I don’t die. A new life feeds off mine.
I am responsible for all of it, exhausted, holding everything together for young and old.
I am confined, in pain, loss surrounds me, seeking answers and finding none.
I am trapped, searching for a new path, yearning for a new choice.
I am compassion, shelter for the strays, rescuer of the wild and tame, animal and human alike. “Put the bunny back. Leave the fledgeling be.”
I am a lover, bone-weary, juggling everything, smiling through tears.
I am conflicted, one child leaving when the other arrives. “Goodnight bears…” “What time is your flight?” “...and goodnight chairs…” “I know you’re going to soar.” “ Goodnight noises everywhere.” “Text me when you get there.”
I am isolated, terrified, together alone, the world shuts down and holds its breath.
I am heartbroken, an orphan, my loss multiplied by circumstance and perfidy, tears wash my face.
I am concussed, the world shifts, parts are lost.
I am creative, artist, writer, maker of things, working hard, erasing line after line until it is right.
I am carer and caring, parent and partner, wearing weariness with love and pride.
I am convalescent, test after test, shortness of breath, cancelling trips, missing myself, longing to be made whole.
I am balance. I am chaos. I am multitudes.
I am smart but awkward, too much of a know-it-all, and yet always wanting to know more.
I am terrified, leaving home for the first time, not ready but going anyway.
I am “Yes ma’am, how can I help you?” “Will that be cash or charge?” “Let me get you the manager.”
I am disappointment, the white hot pain and shame of being ill, of failing to finish what I started.
I am transplanted, leaving one place and one life behind, for a new fresh start.
I am “stay-late, come-early,” “ Whatever you need, I’ll be there.”
I am cherished, cared for, full of hope, “I do.”
I am young and unprepared but capable and proud. I don’t die. A new life feeds off mine.
I am responsible for all of it, exhausted, holding everything together for young and old.
I am confined, in pain, loss surrounds me, seeking answers and finding none.
I am trapped, searching for a new path, yearning for a new choice.
I am compassion, shelter for the strays, rescuer of the wild and tame, animal and human alike. “Put the bunny back. Leave the fledgeling be.”
I am a lover, bone-weary, juggling everything, smiling through tears.
I am conflicted, one child leaving when the other arrives. “Goodnight bears…” “What time is your flight?” “...and goodnight chairs…” “I know you’re going to soar.” “ Goodnight noises everywhere.” “Text me when you get there.”
I am isolated, terrified, together alone, the world shuts down and holds its breath.
I am heartbroken, an orphan, my loss multiplied by circumstance and perfidy, tears wash my face.
I am concussed, the world shifts, parts are lost.
I am creative, artist, writer, maker of things, working hard, erasing line after line until it is right.
I am carer and caring, parent and partner, wearing weariness with love and pride.
I am convalescent, test after test, shortness of breath, cancelling trips, missing myself, longing to be made whole.
I am balance. I am chaos. I am multitudes.
no subject
Date: 2026-09-07 05:41 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-09-07 06:12 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-09-07 06:10 pm (UTC)I really loved the image this part in particular gave me. The difference between the children are so stark, and it really stuck out.
Good luck this season! <3
no subject
Date: 2026-09-07 06:12 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-09-07 10:30 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-09-09 06:20 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-09-08 02:53 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-09-09 06:20 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-09-08 08:42 am (UTC)Laz
no subject
Date: 2026-09-09 06:20 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-09-08 10:46 am (UTC)You are a person whose writing excites and enchants me, and I'm happy to know more about you, even when the "more" isn't always happy. But it's real, and authentic, much like you are.
I'm looking forward to more this season. And I'm glad you're here, in all your perfectly imperfect balanced chaotic multitudes. <3
no subject
Date: 2026-09-09 06:21 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-09-08 11:23 am (UTC)I have never forgotten how you were there for me when I was so broken. I know that time slips and years force their way in between, but I hope you know that I am here for you.
no subject
Date: 2026-09-09 06:23 pm (UTC)I am glad you get to Idol again this season. It’s your fault (lol) I ever started doing this.
no subject
Date: 2026-09-10 11:07 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-09-08 02:30 pm (UTC)I can't wait to see what you bring for the rest of the competition.
no subject
Date: 2026-09-09 06:23 pm (UTC)Good luck this season.
no subject
Date: 2026-09-08 04:43 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-09-09 06:24 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-09-08 09:11 pm (UTC)Dan
no subject
Date: 2026-09-09 06:25 pm (UTC)I am looking forward to this season. Good luck.
no subject
Date: 2026-09-09 03:28 am (UTC)I am filled with awe and an overwhelming urge to hug. (Unused maternal instinct.)
Your user name seems so familiar. Have we crossed the Idol paths before?
With this teaser of your talent I look forward to a fantastic season of reading you. 😊
M
no subject
Date: 2026-09-09 06:26 pm (UTC)Have a good season.
no subject
Date: 2026-09-09 04:41 pm (UTC)yes... but I love this - you going beyond not merely containing multitudes, but you are multitudes.
no subject
Date: 2026-09-09 06:26 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-09-09 10:02 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-09-10 12:35 am (UTC)Good luck to you this season! I’m looking forward to reading more from you!
no subject
Date: 2026-09-10 01:00 am (UTC)Great to have you here!
no subject
Date: 2026-09-11 12:23 am (UTC)<3
Date: 2026-09-12 10:44 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-09-13 06:58 am (UTC)